Most courses will be run by Gerald Davison, although other instructors can be added when required.
Gerald has been a keen mountaineer for over 25 years, walking in all parts of the UK, several areas of Europe and beyond.
Some of his achievements and specific trips are:-
- Several times completing a crossing of the "15 Peaks" or "Welsh 3000's" in Snowdonia in one day.
- Completion of a round of the 284 Scottish Munros - all of the 3000 foot mountains in Scotland - in 2001
- Completion of the Munro Tops in 2006
- Completion of the Irish 3000 foot mountains in 2003
- Several walking trips to the Western Alps - doing hut to hut walking
- A section of the Pyrenean High Route, including an ascent of Pic d’Aneto (3404m) - Highest point in the Pyrenees
- Treked to the summit of Kilimanjaro in Tanzania
- Treking in California in the Sierra mountains, including ascents of Half Dome and Mount Whitney
- Treking in Patagonia in Argentina, around the base of Fitzroy
Instruction and Guiding
- Navigation training, including night exercises
- Planning and execution of group walks in Snowdonia, Lakes, Scotland and Yorkshire Dales
- Sponsored Walk planning and safety management
- Teaching winter skills, use of ice axe, crampons and winter navigation